Sunday 14 September 2014

Cooker disaster...

Disaster struck this week when our cooker finally gave up the ghost (just after I'd agreed that Christmas would be at our house this year)...

It's served us well but over the past year the thermostat had started to play up and on Monday decided to call it quits completely. Something had popped the glass on the top which decommissioned one the rings but as the other four still worked we carried on regardless - but no oven or grill were the final straw. One trip to Currys (who were very helpful) later and our new one was bought, booked and delivered 5 minutes ago!

Here it is...
Now we just need the gas fitter to install it! I've had enough of electric hobs - I just prefer gas. It has electric ovens though so no fear of anything blowing out half way through a bake! I can't wait to unwrap it and play!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Sue - we had an actual hot meal tonight - hurray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have gas in our village so we are restricted with what we can have. The Rayburn is multi-fuel and is on as we speak - great for slow cooking. We also have an electric oven and microwave - all events covered! Love the colour of your new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you doing your kitchen! Your Rayburn is lovely. Our village has only had gas for a few years - I can't wait for the gas fitter

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful! I love the color. Just in time for the autumn and all those wonderful smells from your cooking, coming from the new range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla - I've always wanted a red range, I cant wait to get cooking on it!

      Delete

I lovelovelove your comments and I read everyone. I might not always get round to replying but I will try my best to...girlguide promise x