Monday 13 December 2010

Sticky finger festive fudge...

I've been frantically wrapping parcels of Festive Fudge to send back to Leeds with my sister. We used the Recipe from Nigella Express, which is a kind of cheats fudge. Basically its a tin on condensed milk, 350g of chocolate, 30g of butter, a pinch of salt and whatever you choose to flavour them with. Nigella uses pistachios but we were feeling a bit more festive tipped some whisky and maraschino cherries into the mix...how I love a maraschino cherry! You heat, stir and then tip into a foil lined to tray to refrigerate. They never quite set and are best kept in the freezer when they ready. They stay pretty gooey then and can be eaten straight from the deep freeze. I wanted to photograph some of the ones I saved for us, but found they didn't last long enough to get the camera out. The sticky finger marks around the kitchen were the only evidence to be found!


Decoration of the day... in the spirit of all things scarlet, i love these cranberry glass decorations, they totally transport me back to being a little girl and looking up at the lights in the tree glistening through the baubles!


Not long now till the 17th...oooh I cant wait!

6 comments:

  1. The fudge sounds delicious. I don't think it would last long in our house either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Fantastic! If you want a copy of the nativity set pattern let me know your e-mail address and I will send you one over. I always used mine in the classroom, the kids loved it - unbreakable too! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh WHATEVER!!! FUDGE!!! TELLLLL USSSSSSSSSSS your secret! I need to know NOW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your relatives are in for a real treat with that fudge. That cranberry bauble is gorgeous - I love the colour and I bet it really sparkles in the tree lights. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mrs N - I'll give it a go, mind you my knitting is so slow it might be time for the second coming before I finish!


    Dom... I tell you what... Can you keep a secret?...so can I!
    Mind you it's killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that fudge too - actually found some stashed in the freezer (from last Christmas) during the summer - was I a happy bunny!!!!!

    P.S. I'm with Dom!!

    ReplyDelete

I lovelovelove your comments and I read everyone. I might not always get round to replying but I will try my best to...girlguide promise x